Determined is a great way to describe Ruthie. (At times I have been known to call her stubborn, but my mom quickly reminds me that I was the same!) She has been displaying her determination in her new quest for a baby sister or brother. She has decided that the power to get a new baby is in praying.
For two weeks she has been praying every night for a baby. "God please put a baby in my mommy's tummy. I will be a good big sister!" "God help us find a baby with no family. I will be a good big sister!"
It all seemed innocent until Saturday.
We were packing our bag in the locker room after enjoying a swim, when a family with a tiny baby walked in. "Hey," Ruthie yelled. "How did God give them a baby? I still don't got one!" I smiled sweetly at the young mother and ushered the kids out QUICKLY before Ruthie decided to grab the baby and run!
Our one sorrow in moving to China is that Ruthie's prayers may go unanswered for awhile. As a family we feel very passionate about adopting which we put on hold in order to study in China. We are believing that God will satisfy this desire in our hearts somehow, sometime. Right now we just are not sure how. At times I feel as impatient and determined to make it happen as Ruthie. We would appreciate you joining our family in seeking God's heart in this matter. He has placed a desire in our lives to move to China as well as to adopt. May we trust Him with both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment