Just two weeks ago at a conference I received an amazing confirmation and renewed calling to China. HE spoke to my heart so clearly answering one of my deepest fears about going to China - Will I have a friend there? I know it sounds silly, unspiritual, and selfish, but loneliness scares me. For an extrovert, living in a city where no one will understand me (outside of my spouse) is what nightmares are made from. Deep down I wonder if I will be able to handle it.
I walked into the conference not knowing that the theme was friendship. I must admit I rolled my eyes when I discovered the topic. But, as I sat in the auditorium with 8,000 of my closest girlfriends, HE spoke deep into my soul.
"Tammy, I will be your friend."
"Tammy, sometimes you need to leave things behind and trust ME."
"Tammy, pray and believe big things."
Today as I sat drinking coffee with a dear friend and co-worker sharing what I had learned at the conference - peace and sadness washed over me. Krista was excited and amazed with me over what I had learned. It was such a sweet time of fellowship between two friends. I was sad that moments like those with Krista would be ending in a few months. But she said it for me, "What a great reminder that HE will be your friend in Xining."
It is exactly what I need to hold on to. HE will be my friend. Yes, I will be leaving behind people I love, but I am believing HE is going to do big things in my life because I am willing.
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok... sobbing now! Praying for you!! ~S
Post a Comment