Tuesday, April 3, 2007

SuperSam


Sam's new love is superheros. I am not sure where it came from. He had never watched Superman, the Hero Friends, or Spiderman. I didn't even know that the Green Lantern wasn't something that you take camping. To be honest growing up with all sisters - this is all new to me. In fact I was sure that it should be stopped. Quickly. I mean, what good can come from Sam CONSTANTLY, talking about bad guys and which good guy had the right super power to take care of the dilemma. Bryan (being the expert guy of the household) assures me that this is all normal. I guess boys need to run around in capes to some day grow up to be good men. I was skeptical. Until..

He started to sing a song about JC being more powerful than superheros. He then explained to me that the boys at school were arguing about which superhero had the best power. "I told them that HE is the best superhero. Right Mom?" In that moment I knew that our little superhero would be fine. He has it all in perspective.

So superheros have become part of our everyday life, but we have put a limit on how many superhero questions are allowed at dinner! You would too.

No comments: