We were blessed by a couple from ch--ch who asked to take us out to eat. We enjoyed steak and sweet potatoes without any expectation of was to come. Half way through the meal they slid a check our way. "We pr@yed about the amount and feel like this is what He would have us give." I was struck by the tears in the eyes of the husband. There was such great joy in their giving...a deep sense of calling and purpose.
We opened the check and basically came unglued. $3000.00. The exact amount we had been asking the Father for. The exact amount that we needed before we could purchase plane tickets and set a departure date. Just to add a bit more to the miracle...the check was postdated two weeks earlier. HE had laid the amount on their hearts even before they knew the amount needed. Amazing.
I sometimes struggle with fund raising. At one time it made me feel like I was always living life with my hand out. The Father challenged my thinking about a year ago. The work in China is His, not ours. If I don't share with others how they can be a part of that work I am selfishly holding back what could be a huge blessing in their lives. This couple was a perfect example of that. They were blessed to know that He had spoken so clearly to them and that they were able to be a part of what He is doing. The work in China is just as much theirs as it is ours. It takes a team and we appreciate everyone who gives, pr@ys and serves on that team with us.
Soooo....PG! We are on our way. Plane tickets will be purchased next week.
by Tammy
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
praise the Lord! God is so good.
Post a Comment