Friday, May 18, 2007

more about packing

I (Tammy) haven't wanted to post in the last couple of days, because to be honest all I can think about is packing. And a daily post about the progress (or lack there of) that I am making in my packing strategy just doesn't seem very interesting...even to me and I am living it!

We are making a bit of progress, but it just doesn't look like it. I keep telling myself that it always looks messier before it gets packed. Right?!

The kids are trying to pitch in and help. Most of the time Roo helps by taking stuff out of the boxes. But hey, she is trying! Sam went through his closet with me yesterday. He worked hard at trying on clothes and picking which ones to take with us. He then started talking about the games and puzzles on the shelves. Just as if it were natural he told me which ones he wanted to give away and which he would sell and which he wanted to take. After the conversation, I realized it probably is a way bigger deal to me to give away their toys. Then he blew me out of the water.

"mommy, in my trunk I don't think I want to take my toys. I want to leave room for Ruthie's favorite cinderella doll, a pack of daddy's favorite root beer and some of your favorite candy."

I am trying to learn from my generous sweet boy and pack accordingly!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

welling up.... what a sweet boy you have!!

simplicity said...

What an amazing testimony to your work as parents and how God is working in your child(... children's) life.