Saturday, June 16, 2007

A bit of history

Most people can't believe that we have had as many different job expereinces as we have had. It is pretty obnoxious to tell you the truth, but so far has seemed to serve us well. One of our past jobs had us living in Peru, South America teaching English amoung other things. It has been fun to reflect on our time in Peru as we prepare for China. We did many things right, and sooo many things wrong. I have sat in amazement (and maybe a tad bit of frustration) over how different our experience in Peru could have been if we had some of the training we are recieving now. (That could be a whole other post.)

Anyway, with Peru heavy on our minds, we just happened to pass a Peruvian resteraunt. CRAZY uncommon. So, today we had free time at lunch and went to check it out. It was amazing! The cheif was actually from Peru as well as our waiter. They had all of our favorite dishes we had eaten so often in our Peruvian home. We told our waiter that we had lived in Peru and which city. So I told him my one sorrow in eating at the resteraunt was them not serving the dish that was special in our city. He surprised us by going to the kitchen and brining us a plate of Carapulcra! We ate until we could eat no more. The only sad part about the lunch...as we were speaking to the waiter in spanish I had a horrid revelation. I have to start all over again learning Mandarin. Oh, what a thought.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is so cool that you found a Peruvian restaraunt! What a special time to come across that!! I am thinking of you guys a lot now a days!!! Miss you!