Tuesday, June 12, 2007

equalizing

After a week of much work and even more emotion, I am able to say that sitting through hours of meetings every day actually feels like a vacation! Crazy I know, but so true. I haven't seen a box for at least three days now and none of us have broken down in tears- which is huge.

The kids are having a good time with Nana exploring the capitol building, the children's museum and tomorrow I think it will be the zoo. And all joking aside, Bryan and I are really enjoying our time in Madison as well. It has been nice to get to know our new supervisors better, to learn more about the international movement that our organization is a part of and to receive training for living overseas. We feel very cared for. For example part of our training includes seminars and meetings with a psychologist and spiritual director. I am learning so much about my emotions, cultural expectations, my personality and weakness. I kinda wish I had known some of this stuff years ago...it probably would have made Bryan's life much easier! :)

So all that to say we are learning much, have settled into our hotel room and our emotions are equalizing out. Thanks for pr-ying for us.

Tammy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It is great to hear from you, Tam. I am glad things are going well there. Sounds like your training is going to be very helpful.