I just want to start this post by saying that I don't doubt that we are suppose to move to China. It has been confirmed over and over in many ways....but today I recieved an email that brought me great grief. Sometimes I just wonder, "what if we weren't going? How would our lives be different? What would our family look like?"
For those of you in our blog world who don't know - we were in the process of adding to our family through adoption when we received the opportunity to relocate to China. We put the process on hold. It was one of the hardest decision we had to make through this whole process. All that said, yesterday I recieved an email from the Bethany social worker we had met with. There are seven babies about to be born that they can't find families for and she wondered if we would be able or willing to be a forever family for one of them. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Seven babies here in Michigan. Often folks think that in third world countries babies are unwanted, not here in the States. Yet, if a baby is the wrong color or might have a birth defect because a mother made some bad choices, then too bad. Families are willing to wait for two years for a white healthy girl, but need to be begged to take a boy whose mother drank and doesn't know the ethnicity of the father. I know there are good reasons, but REALLY what has our culture come too? It makes me angry at some moments and so sad at others.
So sometimes I just wonder....when will our family be able to be a part of the solution to this social injustice? When will the next member of our family, who I already love, come home? Sometimes it is just hard to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My heart hurts with yours, Tam. I will be praying for those 7 and for your family.
Thanks. I appreciate your understanding and prayers.
Post a Comment